Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Apple Picking

But I am so enthralled...
O New England...
La da dum da...

  
O New England...
La da dum dum...

{The Decembrists - O New England}

It's not autumn in New England until you've gone apple picking...so welcome fall!

I drove out to Honey Pot Hill, my favorite orchard, and was amazed at how full the trees were with apples. 

The weather was perfect: a crisp fall day. I wandered the rows of trees looking for the perfect apples. 

I came away with a bushel of Macintosh, Cortland, Macoun, and Empire apples. Plus some Bosc pears for good measure. 

There is really nothing better than a fresh apple, especially one you've picked yourself. Now I can enjoy the big batch of apple sauce and juicy apples as the fall weather really kicks into gear!


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

18 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Looks like you are well into autumn... so lovely!

Tom said... {Reply}

...what a great time of year.

Blogoratti said... {Reply}

Wonderful indeed, apples are everything.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Oh my fall-loving heart! What a lovely photo essay!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Oh I need to go apple picking! I want some homemade applesauce!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

I'd love to take the kids apple-picking someday, but we're never there in the fall!

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

I love the wood ladder in the pics. I can't figure out why pick-your-own is more expensive that buying them already picked.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Great pictures. I'm sharing my own apple picking pics tomorrow!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very cool. I am going apple picking on Saturday up in region on Northern California called Applehill-North of Sacramento.

NCSue said... {Reply}

Super images - perfect autumn images!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/wind-and-water-water-and-wind.html

NCSue said... {Reply}

Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/wind-and-water-water-and-wind.html

Liz (Wimpy Fox) said... {Reply}

Lovely photos.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

What beautiful photos Tamar, I could just take a walk around here :)

Lea said... {Reply}

Wow! I would love to be there. McIntosh apples are my favorites!

Molly said... {Reply}

I do love apple picking. No where round here to do it though

Mollyx

Joanne said... {Reply}

We finally went picking this past week (we had stopped at the orchard quite a few times to buy already picked apples but it's just not fall until we pick our own). Our favorites are honey crisp and cortlands.

Klara S said... {Reply}

These are wonderful autumn images.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Glad they had a good crop. I am living in Germany this year and usually in September they have a big festival here, but this year the crop was really small due to a freeze that killed most of the apples. So sad as I love when they take the apples to the town square and press them to make juice. So yummy!